TAX COLLECTION NOTICE
The Town Clerk's Office offers a myriad of services vital to the residents of Grand Island.
Pattie Frentzel, Town Clerk
If you have any questions or can't find what you are looking for, contact us!
Office is open 8:30 am - 5 pm daily, Monday to Friday.
Some of the services offered:
- DMV Satelite Office - Wednesdays 10 am - 3 pm only
- EZ Pass
- State licenses and permits, such as:
Hunting and fishing
Games of chance
- Town licenses and permits mandated by Local Law for such things as building, site plans, public improvement, hawkers/peddlers, special use.
You will find links to information and forms for some of the services to the left.
The Town Clerk and the Deputy Town Clerks are Notary Publics. We are available during normal business hours. Proper identification must be submitted and the person must sign their document in our presence. This service is free.
Some of the duties of the Clerk's Office are as follows:
- The Town Clerk keeps a written record of all Town Board proceedings. These minutes are the official record of the activities of town government and are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes.
- The Town Clerk is custodian of all town records and archival material and administrator of the Freedom of Information Law, which guarantees the public access to the workings of government.
- The Town Clerk is coordinator for Primary and General Elections, overseeing polling places, equipment, and election inspectors.
- As Registrar of Vital Statistics, the Town Clerk is keeper of birth and death records within the community and issues birth and death certificates and burial permits.