Grand Island is a unique island town in the Niagara River located north of Buffalo NY, between the cities of Buffalo and Niagara Falls in Erie County New York. A population of 22,000 with access to the Niagara River, an excellent school system, and affordable housing all factor into the high quality of life enjoyed by Islanders.
- Established: 1852
- Size: 33.3 sq miles
- Population: 22,000
- Housing Units: 6,376 owner-occupied dwellings, 1,529 renter-occupied, and 338 dwellings.
- Median Age: 39.1 years
- Median Household Income: $78,872.
- Median Home Value: $185,000.
- WNY Labor Force: 719,500 people
Major Employers on Grand Island
- ADFORS - Saint Gobain / Reinforced Textiles
- APP - Fresenius Kabi / Life Sciences Manufacturing
- Cannon Design / Architecture
- Isle Chem / Life Sciences
- Life Technologies / Life Sciences
- Rheonix / Life Sciences
- RR Donnelley / Publishing
- US Customs and Immigration Service / Government